Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday & Sunday..a little Freedom

Oh how nice it was to be able to sleep in our own beds! We were able to leave the hospital around noon yesterday.

We spent some time in the backyard again enjoying the sun. We took a quick trip out to Fred Meyer's, but as you can probably imagine, Connor just really wants to relax at home. Every time we come home I can see his whole body relax.

We only have to "live" at the hospital for 5 more days during Physical Therapy, then we will just be "visitors". I know I've been there too long when I know "short-cuts".

Connor was craving fish sticks so that's what we had f0r dinner. It has been a little challenging to get him to eat some of the hospital food (Gee I don't know why?! lol).

I've changed the "Comment" settings (Sorry didn't know I could do that!) so anyone can comment now, even without a google account (there you go mom comment away!!!!!!!)

The best part of the weekend so far: Enjoying some normalcy.

2 comments:

  1. Missy and Greg you are both so positive. Connor is very lucky to have such wonderful parents. Connor is such a brave little boy, he sounds like he is doing an amazing job dealing with all the hospital stuff. I know it can be very scary. I have been thinking about you all every day and sending my good energy your way. My mom wanted to know what kind of books Connor likes. She also wanted to let you know that she will be sending you a gas card because we know how many miles can add up going back and forth to the hospital. Tell Connor to look for special cards just for him from Auntie Jane in the mail. Give Connor big hugs and kisses from all of us. I'm doing great, I'm in remission right now awaiting my one year cancer free date in April. Overwhelming love and support from friends and family got me through and will get you, Greg and sweet Connor through! Love to all!!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor, Greg & Missey - thanks so very much for letting us know how you're doing and what's going on. All of you are wrapped in many thoughts and prayers. Grandpa & Sharon

    ReplyDelete