Monday, September 20, 2010

We're still Rocking Out!

A year ago, I climbed the stairs to the stage. I was nervous, my palms were sweaty, and I had a lump in my throat.

The spotlight was bright, as I walked to the Microphone.

Tap. Tap. Tap “Is this thing on? Can you hear me?”

I could hear that guy in the back yell.. “Yeah it’s on!!”

I cleared my throat, and took a deep breath, “Thank you for joining us… I wanted to announce our Cancer Tour”.

Some of you had been to these shows before (although they are each unique), some of you were “first-timers”, but you decided to buy season tickets.

“I promise it will be a show you will never forget”

A lot of you waited patiently in your seats for the show to begin, some of you moved up close to get a better view. We were grateful that you even showed up.

In the next moment the spotlight dimmed, and in a sea of darkness, we could see a flickering flame. The next thing we knew this flame was joined by another and another. The room was suddenly glowing, and arms were raised high, rocking back and forth.

The show got off to a bumpy start, but you hung in there. We soon became more comfortable being on stage. We really started to jam. We memorized the lyrics, even did a few crazy dance moves.

At the end of each set we look out, and we still see arms raised high. I know if we jumped you would be there to catch us and pass us around.

Each day we are overwhelmed that you still are out there watching us rock on.

The show isn’t over yet, we still have a few more set’s to play, but we want you to know that we appreciate you being our supporter.

Even if you “think” you haven’t done “enough”, ... you have, just by being our fan.

3 comments:

  1. The show has been inspiring and so amazing. We especially love the crazy dance moves :)

    Big hugs & lots of love from your fans,

    Sam, Angie & Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when you are "done" with this tour, you could put together a book. I think other families could find comfort in your words. I've been able to have a glimpse into this with you because you have let me. I am a better person for that. I will be a better nurse because of it. I will think of your family everytime I enter a hopsital.

    XOXOXOXOXOX :)

    Theresa McDonald

    ReplyDelete