Monday, October 12, 2009

Meet Sunshine...


I am so fortunate to have some younger fans keeping up on Connor's progress. It means the world to me that his friends want to follow his journey, so I wanted to include them with a special game of "I Spy Sunshine".


Now you may not have met Sunshine yet but you will know him by the end of Connor's Journey.


Sunshine is Connor's stuffed puppy. Connor adopted him the day he went in for surgery. Sunshine has gone everywhere with Connor. Sunshine went into Surgery, Slept with him, went to Physical Therapy, was with him for all the scary parts and the kind of fun stuff too (yay hospital BINGO !).


Once and a while I will include a photo of Connor, and you will need to find Sunshine. I was easy on you today, next time may not be so easy.


Today Connor (and Sunshine) visited the radiation office for the first time. Connor's doctor talked about Treatment, and how he had to be fitted for a special mask. The mask will make sure that his head stays perfectly still during his treatment. Connor thought this was COOL !


After he was fitted for his custom mask, Connor had an MRI, and CT done, to make sure the Tumor wasn't growing back. Unfortunately we won't know for a few days what these results are.


Tomorrow Connor will have Surgery. He will have a Spinal Tap (to see if there are cancer cells in his spinal fluid), and a port placed for Chemo. This port will provide Connor with a relatively painless process to draw blood, receive Treatments, and medicines.


We are asking for lots of good thoughts, and prayers this week. We are hoping the Tumor hasn't grown again, and of course we are hoping there are no cancer cells in the spinal fluid.


The best part of the day: Connor asking if he could have another party since he had an MRI today.


What tickled me to the bone: I cracked myself up for really no reason. I got myself giggling so hard I had tears coming down my cheeks.


What did I appreciate today? Greg using his sweet kind daddy voice to give Connor hope that tomorrow will be just fine.


3 comments:

  1. Connor, Greg & Missy -- you're constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what's happening. Love you guys - Grandpa & Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers daily. I will be praying for good results for the spinal tap and for the tumor not growing back. Prayer is powerful...and you have lots of people praying for all of you! Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the love and prayers.. it keeps us going.

    ReplyDelete