Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yay for Nausea medicine !!

Connor was a trooper today. Told jokes with the Anesthesiologist, climbed up on his foam body "mold" and did his thing.
We were done a lot sooner today, however we let him sleep off the anesthesia a lot longer (hoping to reduce the post anesthesia crankiness).
I wanted to tell you about the "There's a Monkey in my chair" program. The URL is: http://www.theresamonkeyinmychair.org/.
It's a program created by the Love, Chloe foundation. Children who have been diagnosed with a serious illness can send away for their own kit. The kit comes with a HUGE stuffed monkey that sits at your child's desk (when they can't attend school). It comes with a Journal, a Backpack, a camera , a photo album, pencils, a button (that your child can wear), a smaller monkey, a storybook that the teacher can read, and it's all contained in a nice duffel bag.
The class can take the monkey with them to their different activities, write in the Journal about what the Monkey did that day, take pictures, and send cards, pictures and letters home to your child in the backpack. It's a terrific way for your child to stay connected to their school and friends. I thought it was so clever.
Well Connor's Monkey arrived in the mail yesterday !! I'm soooo excited. Look for photos of the Monkey soon.
I have a shout out to all the cooks out there!! If you have any casserole recipes (meals I can make on the weekends/freeze and pop in the oven) I'd love to hear from you! I know I can scour the Internet, however I want something tried and true. A recipe you actually use (and your family will eat lol). So send them my way lilmissy76@aol.com
The best part of today: The Nausea medicine worked
The Corniest Joke I heard today: Why didn't the Skeleton Cross the road? Because he didn't have the guts.

1 comment:

  1. Missy..I will get Nanna on the casserole job ASAP. She is queen of the jumbo casserole..and mostly YUM. The Monkey is a great idea! Cannot wait to hear what you guy's name him! Tell Mr Conner he is the BEST and we are all so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete